The Francis Crick Institute - 1 Midland Rd, London, NW1 1AT
Who can apply?
You must have an existing business idea or early-stage venture in the biotechnology area and have less than one year experience as a CEO. A keen passion for advancing the life sciences industry and the drive to succeed in establishing and growing your business is a prerequisite.
We welcome applications from all interested individuals. Whilst being a BIA member is not a minimum requirement, it may be taken into consideration.
This programme is free of charge; travel and accommodation will be supported if travelling from afar.
Deadline for applications
The application deadline for the 2024 cohort is 21 January 2024.
Before submitting your application, please make sure you have the following ready:
CV (max file size: 10MB)
- Supporting statement from business or academic leader (max file size: 10MB)
Answers to the application form questions:
- Your title and a non-confidential summary of your commercialisation proposal indicating the nature of your proposal written in layman’s terms (max 200 words)
- In addition, provide a more detailed account through an executive summary of a business plan (max 2 pages x A4) covering:
- The Product or Technology;
- The commercial opportunity;
- The industry & market dynamics;
- IP & Ownership
- What value will your proposition or existing business bring to the Life Sciences sector? (max 200 words)
- Have you received funding yet?
- Are you actively seeking funding from other sources?
- What drives your passion to be a Life Science entrepreneur? (max 350 words)
- What do you hope to get out of this programme and what support would you be looking for after the programme? (200 words)
If you would like to upload a short video pitch or explainer this is also welcome but not essential (2 minutes and low quality/1GB maximum